Saturday, August 4, 2012

Romans 5:1-5 NIV
1 Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, 2 through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we boast in the hope of the glory of God. 3 Not only so, but we  also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; 4 perseverance, character; and character, hope. 5 And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us.

Yup.  It's one of those days.  And for anyone who doesn't know yet, those days happen often for me physically.  This body of mine has been through a lot.  One of the reasons that I use social media and a blog is for that very reason, sometimes I'm just in too much physical pain to go anywhere.  Or I have to save up my energy to do something really important.
Today, two of my good friends Johnny and Rochelle are getting married.  Praise God I am so incredibly happy for them!  So I am not doing homework, I am missing a women's devo that I really want to go to, and I am going to lie in bed for a couple of hours praying and meditating on this scripture so that I can celebrate the beginning of an amazing thing with my friends.
I don't really know why this is my lot in life, to have this body, but I don't question it.  I get mad about the things I can't do sometimes, I get frustrated, and I cry a lot.  But maybe this is not something that you just get through, any person with a chronic illness will tell you that.  You don't just get through the days most times, you push through them, or you humble out and allow God to help.
My advantage is God.  I tried doing it myself, but honestly no one person has the strength to survive life all by themselves to begin with let alone when something major is happening.  Christ fortifies me and reminds me through his word(the scripture previously mentioned) that I don't have to do this alone. He is there and he has suffered more than I could even fathom.  Taking on every sin past, present, future?  I can't imagine it.
We all suffer.  This world has amazing incredible things we've been blessed with, but none of us have to do this alone.  It takes faith, and commitment, and most importantly love for a God that you've never seen but you know exists.  It's finding God's truth and not living in your own, when I live in my own truth it will take me down, and fast.  But that's not to complain about my life, that is just recognizing that without God's love, without his sacrifice, without his word, and the people that's he's blessed me with, this life would be a very empty place.
I thank him for the lack of emptiness in my life and praise him for all that has happened, is happening and has yet to come.

K

No comments:

Post a Comment