Sunday, August 5, 2012

I am the temple

I believe that when I was baptized into Christ that my soul became a place where the Holy Spirit resides.  I believe that anyone that truly loves Christ is willing to sacrifice their own needs and put the needs of God's Kingdom first.(Mark 16:16)  The Bible says so, and the truth is that the Bible is the word of God and God is never wrong. (2 Timothy 3:16) Studying the Bible has given me the opportunity to see truth, God's and not my own.  But wow, it's hard to look at life sometimes and see that God has a much bigger plan than the plans I have in this world for myself.  I've been reading a book called 66 Love Letters recently in my quiet time with God and the scriptures that correlate with it (the 66 books of the Bible) and found a quote from the book that touched my heart so deeply this morning that I had to share it.  It hit to the heart of how I try to balance what my life once was and what it is now, the two cannot share the same place because the Holy Spirit resides where my own wants and desires once were, and now God is changing them, slowly but surely to want what he wants.  Because he loves me, because he knows what's best for me.  For the control freak in me, I have a hard time letting go of what I want for myself sometimes.  Let's be honest, it's an ongoing battle until heaven.
"You cannot now enjoy what you once did.  The satisfaction of earlier days are no longer available.  Life feels empty. Not much fun. I invite you to delight in your distress. Nothing else provides the same opportunity to move strongly and joyfully into life on the basis of My promises alone, the promises of My Presence now and My satisfaction forever.  Seizing that opportunity will free you to passionately engage life for My purposes with no demands."
The Holy Spirit can hurt in it's knowledge sometimes, I can now see things that I have done to hurt people in my Sin so much more clearly now and yet I still resist change.  I mistakenly think that I am enough on my own, but I'm not.  God created me for a purpose of his chosing and not mine.  Now I just need to be humble enough to trust that and let him lead me towards what He has planned for me.  Starting with putting to death my pride and my need to be special, will allow me to see that I have always been special to God and that is really all that matters in the end.

K

No comments:

Post a Comment