Tuesday, April 2, 2013

A love like no other

This past week has been a roller coaster ride.  It was Easter, my birthday, midterms, family, work, and then I think from pure exhaustion, I got a cold.  But wow, this ride has been amazing.
I felt closer to God, my husband, my family, and my friends all at once this week and I am always stunned by the love that God has surrounded me with.
I have never really been a big gift person (don't get me wrong, I don't refuse them).  I have always been and continue to be a woman who appreciates someone doing something for me or has genuinely lovely things to say.
For example, my fifteen year old son got up every day except for one over his entire spring break at 6:30am to take out the dog for me because it was my birthday.  I could have cried.
My brother, who knows that I have recently grown to love cooking sent me a pressure cooker.  It was a gift, but a gift with love and thought and effort.
My friends all wished me a happy birthday on FB, I got cards from family and even one from my mom's best friend that told me that I was her hero because I had been through so much and still abounded in joy.  That did make me cry.
I celebrated with lunch with my sister in law, who's birthday is two days before mine.
I had an amazing Easter dinner and birthday cake with my momma and her side of the family.
The list of blessings goes on and on.
But the biggest gift that I got was that my husband and son, my mom and dad (Vince), and my friend Andie came to church to praise God with me.  My heart was so full sitting there surrounded by God's love and theirs that I couldn't keep the smile off of my face.
Sharing God with the people that I love most is always my favorite thing.  It is something that is meant to shared in love.  God loves them more than I ever could.
Seeing God touch other people's lives regardless of how small of a difference it may make is always a thrill for me.
Letting God use me to do it is that amazing roller coaster that I was talking about.  It takes my breath away. 
My life is always busy, it is always moving and changing and expanding and growing and with God at the helm I never know where I am going. 
Somehow knowing doesn't seem to matter as much as it used to because every now and then, like on this Easter He allows me a glimpse at His plans.  I watch him move people to his purpose, I feel Him move me.
Psalm 119:33-35
 - Teach me, Lord, the way of your decrees,
that I may follow it to the end. Give me understanding, so that I may keep your law
and obey it with all my heart. Direct me in the path of your commands,for there I find delight.

I delight in God's love and I was blessed to delight in it with so many people that I love on Easter. That really was the best birthday gift ever.

K

 

No comments:

Post a Comment